Terms and conditions - dekampeerdiscounter.nl
Article 1 - Definitions
Article 2 - Identity of the trader
Article 3 - Applicability
Article 4 - The offer
Article 5 - The agreement
Article 6 - Right of withdrawal
Article 7 - Obligations of the consumer during the cooling-off period
Article 8 - Exercise of the right of withdrawal by the consumer and his costs
Article 9 - Obligations of the trader in the event of withdrawal
Article 10 - Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
Article 11 - The price
Article 12 - Performance and additional guarantee
Article 13 - Delivery and performance
Article 14 - Term transactions: duration, termination and renewal
Article 15 - Payment
Article 16 - Complaints procedure
Article 17 - Disputes
Article 18 - Additional or derogating provisions
Artikel 1 - Definities
In these terms and conditions, the following terms are defined:
- Distance contract: an agreement whereby the consumer acquires products, digital content and/or services in relation to a distance contract and these products, digital content and/or services are supplied by the trader or by a third party on the basis of an agreement between that third party and the trader;
- Grace period: The period within which the consumer can make use of his right of withdrawal;
- Consumer: the natural person who is not acting for purposes related to his trade, business, craft or profession;
- Day: calendar day;
- Digital Content: data produced and delivered in digital form;
- Contract for an indefinite period of time: a contract that provides for the regular supply of goods, services and/or digital content for a specific period of time;
- Durable data carrier: every tool - including e-mail - that enables the consumer or entrepreneur to store information that is addressed to him personally, in a way that allows for future consultation or use during a period that is tailored to the purpose for which the information is intended, and which enables the unaltered reproduction of the stored information;
- Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to waive the distance contract within the cooling-off period;
- Entrepreneur: the natural or legal person who offers products, (access to) digital content and/or services to consumers from a distance;
- Distance contract: an agreement that is concluded between the trader and the consumer as part of an organized system for the distance sale of products, digital content and/or services, whereby, up to and including the moment at which the agreement is concluded, sole or joint use is made of one or more techniques for distance communication;
- Model form for withdrawal: the European model form for withdrawal included in Annex I of these Terms and Conditions;
- Technique for distance communication: means that can be used for concluding an agreement, without the consumer and entrepreneur having to be together in the same room at the same time.
Artikel 2 - Identity of the trader
EU Car Trading BV;
Pieter Mastebroekweg 2, 7942 JZ Meppel, Nederland;
Phone number: 085 7470489 (Ma. t/m vr. 9:00u - 17:30u)
If the activity of the economic operator is subject to a relevant licensing regime: the
details of the supervisory authority.
If the economic operator is engaged in a regulated profession:
- the professional association or organisation with which he is affiliated;
- the professional title, the place in the EU or the European Economic Area where it is awarded;
- a reference to the professional rules that apply in the Netherlands and indications as to where and how these professional rules can be accessed.
Artikel 3 - Applicability
- These general terms and conditions apply to every offer made by the entrepreneur and to every distance contract that is concluded between the entrepreneur and the consumer.
- Before the remote agreement is concluded, the text of these general conditions will be made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, the entrepreneur will indicate, before the remote agreement is concluded, how the general conditions can be viewed at the entrepreneur and that they will be sent to the consumer free of charge as soon as possible, at the consumer's request.
- If the distance contract is concluded electronically, then, contrary to the previous paragraph, and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions may be made available to the consumer in electronic form in such a way that the consumer can easily store them on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, prior to the conclusion of the distance selling agreement, it will be indicated where the general terms and conditions can be viewed electronically and that they will be sent to the consumer free of charge, at his request, either electronically or in some other way.
- In case specific product- or service conditions apply in addition to these general conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply accordingly and the consumer can always rely on the applicable provision that is most favourable to him/her in case of conflicting conditions.
Artikel 4 - The offer
- If an offer has a limited period of validity or is made subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
- The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products, digital content and/or services offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to enable the consumer to make a proper assessment of the offer. If the entrepreneur uses images, these are a true reflection of the products, services and/or digital content offered. Obvious mistakes or obvious errors in the offer do not bind the entrepreneur.
- Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are attached to accepting the offer.
Artikel 5 - The agreement
- The agreement comes into being, subject to that which is stipulated in paragraph 4, at the moment at which the consumer accepts the offer and the conditions thereby stipulated have been fulfilled.
- If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the trader will immediately confirm receipt of electronic acceptance of the offer. As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed by the entrepreneur, the consumer may dissolve the agreement.
- If the agreement is created electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the electronic transfer of data and he will ensure a secure web environment. If the consumer is able to pay electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate safety measures.
- The entrepreneur may, within legal frameworks - inform whether the consumer can meet his payment obligations, as well as all those facts and factors that are important for a responsible conclusion of the distance contract. If, on the basis of this investigation, the entrepreneur has good reason not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or application or to attach special conditions to the implementation.
- The entrepreneur will, at the latest upon delivery of the product, service or digital content to the consumer, the following information in writing or in such a way that the consumer in an accessible manner can be stored on a durable medium, send:
- The visiting address of the Entrepreneur's business establishment where the Consumer may lodge complaints;
- The conditions on which and the way in which the Consumer may exercise the right of withdrawal, or a clear statement regarding the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
- The information on guarantees and existing service after purchase;
- The price, including all taxes, of the product, service or digital content; where applicable, the costs of delivery; and the method of payment, delivery or performance of the distance contract;
- The requirements for cancelling the agreement if the agreement has a duration of more than one year or is indefinite;
- If the consumer has a right of withdrawal, the model form for withdrawal.
- In the event of an extended transaction, the provision in the previous paragraph shall apply only to the first delivery.
Artikel 6 - Right of withdrawal
- In case of an extended transaction, the provision in the previous paragraph only applies to the first delivery. The consumer can dissolve an agreement related to the purchase of a product during a reflection period of at least 14 days without giving reasons. The entrepreneur may ask the consumer about the reason for withdrawal, but he cannot oblige the consumer to state his reason(s).
- The cooling-off period referred to in paragraph 1 commences on the day after the consumer, or a third party designated by the consumer in advance and who is not the carrier, has received the product, or:
- if the consumer has ordered multiple products in the same order: the day on which the consumer, or a third party designated by him, has received the last product. The entrepreneur may, provided he has clearly informed the consumer about this prior to the ordering process, refuse an order for multiple products with a different delivery time.
- If the delivery of a product consists of several shipments or parts: the day on which the consumer, or a third party designated by him, received the last shipment or the last part;
- In case of agreements for regular delivery of products during a certain period: the day on which the consumer, or a third party designated by him, has received the first product.
In the case of services and digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium:
- The consumer can terminate a service contract and a contract for delivery of digital content not supplied on a tangible medium during at least 14 days without giving any reason. The entrepreneur may ask the consumer about the reason for withdrawal, but may not oblige the consumer to give his reason(s).
- The cooling-off period mentioned in paragraph 3 starts on the day following the conclusion of the agreement.
Extended cooling-off period for products, services and digital content not supplied on a tangible medium in the absence of information on the right of withdrawal:
- If the entrepreneur has not provided the consumer with the legally required information about the right of withdrawal or the model form for withdrawal, the cooling off period will expire twelve months after the end of the original cooling off period determined in accordance with the previous paragraphs of this article.
- If the entrepreneur has provided the consumer with the information referred to in the previous paragraph within twelve months after the start date of the original cooling-off period, the cooling-off period will expire 14 days after the day the consumer received this information.
Artikel 7 - Obligations of the consumer during the cooling-off period
- During the cooling-off period, the consumer will treat the product and its packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to determine the nature, characteristics and functioning of the product. The starting point here is that the consumer may only handle and inspect the product as he would be allowed to do in a shop.
- The consumer is only liable for decrease in value of the product which is the result of a way of handling the product that goes beyond what is allowed in paragraph 1.
- The consumer is not liable for any decrease in the value of the product if the entrepreneur has not provided him with all legally required information about the right of withdrawal before or at the time of concluding the contract.
Artikel 8 - Exercise of the right of withdrawal by the consumer and his costs
- If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, he shall notify the entrepreneur of this within the cooling-off period by means of the model form for withdrawal or in another unequivocal manner.
- As soon as possible, but within 14 days from the day following the notification referred to in paragraph 1, the consumer will return the product or hand it over to (an authorised representative of) the entrepreneur. This is not necessary if the entrepreneur has offered to collect the product himself. The consumer has in any case complied with the return period if he sends the product back before the cooling-off period has expired.
- The consumer shall return the product with all delivered accessories, if reasonably possible in original condition and packaging, and in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
- The risk and the burden of proof of the correct and timely exercise of the right of withdrawal lies with the consumer.
- The consumer bears the direct costs of returning the product. If the entrepreneur has not reported that the consumer must bear these costs or if the entrepreneur indicates to bear the costs himself, the consumer does not have to bear the costs of return shipment.
- If the consumer withdraws after first explicitly requesting that the performance of the service or the supply of gas, water or electricity which are not made ready to be sold in a limited volume or certain quantity starts during the withdrawal period, the consumer shall owe the entrepreneur an amount which is proportionate to that part of the commitment which has been fulfilled by the entrepreneur at the moment of withdrawal compared to the full fulfilment of the commitment.
- The consumer shall not bear any costs for the performance of services or the supply of water, gas or electricity, which have not been made ready for sale in a limited volume or quantity, or for the supply of district heating, if:
- The trader has not provided the consumer with the legally required information on the right of withdrawal, the reimbursement of costs in the event of withdrawal or the model withdrawal form, or
- The consumer has not expressly requested the commencement of the performance of the service or supply of gas, water, electricity or district heating during the withdrawal period.
- The consumer shall bear no cost for the complete or partial delivery of digital content not supplied on a tangible medium if:
- He has not expressly consented to the performance of the contract before the end of the cooling-off period
- He has not acknowledged losing his right of withdrawal when giving his consent; or
- The seller has failed to confirm this declaration by the consumer.
- If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, all supplementary contracts shall be cancelled by operation of law.
Artikel 9 - Obligations of the trader in the event of withdrawal
- If the entrepreneur makes it possible for the consumer to report his withdrawal electronically, he shall send an acknowledgement of receipt of this report without delay.
- The trader will reimburse all payments made by the consumer, including any delivery costs charged by the trader for the returned product, without delay but within 14 days following the day on which the consumer notified him of the withdrawal. Unless the entrepreneur offers to collect the product himself, he may wait with repayment until he has received the product or until the consumer proves that he has returned the product, whichever comes first.
- The entrepreneur shall use the same means of payment as the consumer has used for repayment, unless the consumer agrees to a different method. The refund is free of charge for the consumer.
- If the consumer has chosen a more expensive method of delivery than the cheapest standard delivery, the entrepreneur does not have to refund the additional costs for the more expensive method.
Artikel 10 - Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
The trader can exclude the following products and services from the right of withdrawal, but only if the trader clearly stated this fact when making the offer, or at least in good time prior to conclusion of the contract:
- Products or services of which the price is linked to fluctuations on the financial market over which the entrepreneur has no influence and which can occur within the withdrawal period;
- Agreements concluded during a public auction. A public auction is understood to mean a sales method in which products, digital content and/or services are offered by the entrepreneur to the consumer who is present in person or has the possibility to be present in person at the auction, led by an auctioneer, and in which the successful bidder is obliged to purchase the products, digital content and/or services;
- Service contracts, after full performance of the service, but only if:
- the execution has started with the consumer's explicit prior consent; and
- the consumer has declared that he loses his right of withdrawal when the entrepreneur has completely fulfilled the contract;
- Package holidays as referred to in Article 7:500 of the Netherlands Civil Code and passenger transport contracts;
- Service contracts for the provision of accommodation, if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance and other than for residential purposes, freight transport, car rental services and catering
- Contracts concerning leisure activities, if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance;
- Products made to the consumer's specifications, which are not prefabricated and are manufactured on the basis of an individual choice or decision by the consumer, or are clearly intended for a specific person;
- Products which spoil quickly or have a limited shelf life;
- Sealed products which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and of which the seal has been broken after delivery;
- Products which, after delivery, are irrevocably mixed with other products due to their nature;
- Alcoholic beverages of which the price was agreed upon at the conclusion of the agreement, but the delivery of which can only take place after 30 days, and the actual value of which is dependent on fluctuations in the market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
- Sealed audio-, video-recordings and computer software, of which the seal has been broken after delivery;
- Newspapers, magazines or journals, with the exception of subscriptions to these;
- The delivery of digital content other than on a tangible medium, but only if:
- the execution has started with the consumer's explicit prior consent; and
- the consumer has declared that he thereby loses his right of withdrawal.
Artikel 11 - The price
- During the validity period mentioned in the offer, the prices of the products and/or services offered will not be increased, except for price changes due to changes in VAT rates.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, the Entrepreneur may offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market that are beyond the Entrepreneur's control, at variable prices. This link to fluctuations and the fact that any prices mentioned are recommended prices will be mentioned with the offer.
- Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the contract are only allowed if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
- Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only allowed if the entrepreneur has stipulated it and:
a. they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions; or
b. the consumer is authorised to terminate the contract on the day on which the price increase takes effect.
- The prices mentioned in the offer of products or services include VAT.
Artikel 12 - Performance and additional guarantee
- The trader guarantees that the products and/or services fulfill the contract, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and/or serviceability and the statutory provisions and/or government regulations that existed on the date that the contract was concluded. If agreed, the entrepreneur also guarantees that the product is suitable for other than normal use.
- An additional guarantee provided by the entrepreneur, his supplier, manufacturer or importer never limits the legal rights and claims that the consumer, on the basis of the agreement, can assert against the entrepreneur if the entrepreneur has failed to fulfill his part of the agreement.
- By extra guarantee is meant every commitment of the entrepreneur, his supplier, importer or producer in which he grants the consumer certain rights or claims that go beyond what he is legally obligated to do in case he has failed to fulfill his part of the agreement.
Artikel 13 - Delivery and performance
- The entrepreneur will take the greatest possible care when receiving and executing product orders and in assessing applications for the provision of services.
- The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the entrepreneur.
- Subject to what is stated in Article 4 of these general conditions, the entrepreneur will accepted orders expeditiously but not later than 30 days, unless a different delivery has been agreed. If the delivery has been delayed, or if an order cannot be filled or can be filled only partially, the consumer will be informed about this within 30 days after he has placed the order. In that case, the consumer has the right to dissolve the agreement free of charge and the right to possible compensation.
- After dissolution in accordance with the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur will immediately repay the amount paid by the consumer.
- The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests with the entrepreneur up to the moment of delivery to the consumer or a previously designated and notified to the entrepreneur representative, unless otherwise expressly agreed.
Artikel 14 - Term transactions: duration, termination and renewal
- The consumer may contract for an indefinite period and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, at any time denounce the applicable termination rules and a notice not exceeding one month.
- The consumer may terminate a fixed-term contract that was concluded for the regular supply of products (including electricity) or services at any time at the end of the fixed term in compliance with the applicable termination rules and a period of notice that does not exceed one month.
- The consumer can make the agreements mentioned in the previous paragraphs:
- terminate them at all times and not be limited to termination at a specific time or during a specific period;
- at least cancel in the same way as they were entered into by him;
- Always terminate the contract with the same notice period that the entrepreneur has stipulated for himself.
- A fixed-term contract that has been concluded for the regular supply of products (including electricity) or services may not be tacitly extended or renewed for a fixed period of time.
- In departure from the previous paragraph, a fixed-term contract that has been concluded for the regular supply of daily or weekly newspapers or magazines may be automatically prolonged for a fixed term that does not exceed three months, if the consumer has the right to terminate this prolonged contract towards the end of the prolongation, with a period of notice that does not exceed one month.
- A fixed-term contract that has been concluded for the regular supply of products or services may only be automatically prolonged for an indefinite period of time if the consumer has at all times the right to terminate, with a period of notice that does not exceed one month. The notice period is up to three months if the contract is about the regular, but less than once a month, delivery of daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines.
- A contract with a limited term for the regular supply, by way of introduction, of daily or weekly newspapers and magazines (trial or introductory subscription) shall not be tacitly continued and shall end automatically at the end of the trial or introductory period.
- If a contract has a duration of more than one year, after one year the consumer may at any time terminate the contract with a notice of up to one month, unless reasonableness and fairness dictate otherwise.
Artikel 15 - Payment
- As far as no other stipulations have been made in the agreement or additional conditions, the amounts payable by the consumer should be paid within 14 days after the start of the reflection period, or in the absence of a reflection period within 14 days after the conclusion of the agreement. In case of an agreement for the provision of a service, this period shall start the day after the consumer has received the confirmation of the agreement.
- When selling products to consumers, the consumer may never be required in general terms and conditions to pay more than 50% in advance.
- When an advance payment has been stipulated, the consumer cannot invoke any right regarding the execution of the order or service(s) concerned before the stipulated advance payment has been made.
- The consumer has the duty to inaccuracies in data supplied or specified payment immediately to the operator to report.
- If the consumer does not meet his payment obligation(s) on time, he will, after being notified by the entrepreneur of the late payment and the entrepreneur has given the consumer a period of 14 days to meet his payment obligations, after the failure to pay within this 14-day period, owe the statutory interest on the amount due and the entrepreneur is entitled to charge extrajudicial collection costs. These collection costs amount to a maximum of: 15% over amounts outstanding up to € 2500; 10% over the next € 2500; and 5% over the next € 5000, with a minimum of € 40. The proprietor can deviate from the aforementioned amounts and percentages in favour of the consumer.
Artikel 16 - Complaints procedure
- The entrepreneur shall have a sufficiently publicised complaints procedure and shall handle the complaint in accordance with this complaints procedure.
- Complaints about the implementation of the agreement must be submitted to the entrepreneur fully and clearly described within a reasonable time after the consumer has found the defects.
- Complaints submitted to the trader will be answered within a period of 14 days, calculated from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeably longer processing time, the entrepreneur will respond within the period of 14 days with a message of receipt and an indication of when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
- If the complaint cannot be solved by mutual agreement within a reasonable period of time or within three months after the complaint was submitted, it becomes a dispute that is subject to the dispute settlement procedure.
- It is also possible to register complaints via the European ODR platform (https://ec.europa.eu/odr).
Artikel 17 - Disputes
- Only Dutch law applies to agreements between the entrepreneur and the consumer to which these general terms and conditions apply.
Artikel 18 - Additional or derogating provisions
Additional provisions or provisions that deviate from these general terms and conditions may not be to the detriment of the consumer and should be recorded in writing or in such a way that the consumer can store them in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier.